My skills and experience can be broadly outlined in a series of quadrants, those quadrants are:
*Writing; whether creating promotional copy, reports, journalism or works of history and cultural criticism
*Grant writing and evaluation; producing bids and applications that secure money, identifying process and approaches to conduct effective evaluation, producing reports and presentations to share findings and trigger discussions about improvements, reporting to funders after projects have finished
*Project management; from initial scoping and project design, through building teams, putting in place processes for monitoring project progress and delivering concrete outputs like enhanced administrative processes, new digital tools, publications and events
*Websites and social media; content management and development of websites, e-newsletters, content and strategy for social media and other online outreach and awareness raising campaigns
Scroll on to check out an overview of my career to date.
- MA Modern British Studies, University of Birmingham, 2015-2017, Distinction
- BA History, University of York, 2010-2013, 2:1
- Communications and Events Officer, CAGE Research Centre, University of Warwick, May 2022-
- Communications and Events Officer, Midlands Innovation Commercialisation of Research Accelerator, Jan 2020- May 2022
- Communications Officer, Populism in Action Project, Oct 2019- May 2022
- Content Developer, University of Warwick, May 2019-Jan 2020
- Digital Engagement Officer, Past & Present Society, July 2016-
- Marketing Assistant, University of Birmingham, Sept 2015-Sept 2016
- Editorial Assistant, One & Other magazine, Sept 2013-April 2014
- Editor, Birmingham Festivals Guide 2020, Flatpack Projects Jan 2020-Mar 2020
- Postgraduate Student Experience and Induction Project Officer, University of Warwick, Aug 2019-Nov 2019
- Research Development Officer, University of Birmingham, Sept 2017-Nov 2018
- Postgraduate Student Experience Officer, University of Birmingham, Sept 2016-Sept 2017
- Stories in Isolation, Multistory, Spring/Summer 2020
- Living Memory Project, Autumn 2019-Spring 2020
- My work has appeared in a wide array of national, as well as regional and specialist titles, including; The Obsever, New Statesman, London Review of Books, Tribune, Apollo Magazine, Source Magazine, New Internationalist, Vice magazine, Jacobin magazine, Novara Media and History Workshop Online
I can be contacted via the contacts page on this website. You might also be interested in checking out the About page and the “Notebook” section my site.
I also produce Walk Midlands. A guide to day walks in the English Midlands accessible without a car, for walkers interested in all aspects of the region’s people, landscape and history.
Unstable Praxis – as an MA student, and sporadically after I graduated from my MA in 2017, I blogged at Unstable Praxis. Posts from this period, including my work on the Urban Historians Project, and the CCCS, can be seen here.